Monday 21 September 2020 | 0800 – 1700
Course Coordinator: Saxon Connor, New Zealand
The participant registration fee for the Postgraduate Course includes:
- Admission to the Postgraduate Course “How to Become a Great HPB Surgeon through Continuous Improvement”
- Congress documentation
- Lunch on Monday 21 September 2020
The aim of this day is to attract trainees, fellows and young consultants with the purpose of focusing on the non-technical aspects of surgery. The learning objectives would be as follows:
- To understand that being a HPB surgeon requires a conscious commitment to lifelong learning
- To understand that learning takes many forms
- To understand investment in both technical and non-technical skills is required
- To understand that effective decision making is a critical component of becoming a complete HPB surgeon
- To understand the critical relationship between the surgeon and a highly functional team.
Ever wondered what it takes to be a complete HPB surgeon? How do you achieve a fulfilling career and life?
How can you contribute to creating and sustaining a highly performing HPB unit?
Come and learn the answers to these questions in an interactive and engaging format.
The day will include:
- Learning from the experts on how they improve their operating.
- Understanding why being a better team member is critical to improving surgical outcomes
- Learning from and dealing with both failure and success
- How to enjoy your career
Who should come to this course?
All trainees, Fellows and young consultants who want to develop a fulfilling and satisfying career. Senior surgeons interested in improving their unit and leaving a worthwhile legacy.