IHPBA World Congress 2020 invites all interested individuals to submit abstracts for video presentations.
Abstract Submission Instructions
- You are required to write a title for, and brief description of your video, up to a maximum of 250 words in total.
- No data is expected or required in your abstract.
- Abstracts and Videos shall be submitted electronically through the Congress website.
- The abstract must be written in English.
- When you submit an abstract online, your abstract will be automatically edited according to the IHPBA World Congress 2020 submission formats.
- Authors should note that abstracts submitted to the AHPBA 2020 meeting may also submit their abstract for consideration at the IHPBA 2020 World Congress.
- Abstracts and/or videos previously published or presented at any other national or international meeting are not permitted.
- Late submissions after 21 January 2020 will not be accepted.
The abstract should provide a brief description indicating the content of the video, including its novelty and clinical relevance.
The authors should choose one topic only for every video submitted. If a video fits into more than one of the topics below, choose the most appropriate one.
|Open Liver Surgery||Open Pancreas Surgery||Open Biliary Surgery||Liver Transplantation|
|Minimal Invasive Liver Surgery||Minimal Invasive Pancreas Surgery||Minimal Invasive Biliary Surgery||Living Related Liver|
Video submission instructions
- All video presentations must be narrated and edited in English.
- The video should be a maximum of eight minutes including titles and with a spoken narrative explaining the objectives and the methods used during the procedure.
- Videos longer than eight minutes will be automatically rejected.
- The video file should be well edited.
- Preferred video/dvd formats are .avi, .mpg, .mov and .wmv
- A maximum file size of 150 MB is permitted.
- Video presentations must be uploaded at the same time as the title and abstract text.
- It is the author’s responsibility to submit the correct abstract/video. Any errors in spelling, grammar, or scientific fact will be published as typed by the author, if accepted.
- Poor English may be a cause for rejection.
- Video abstracts will not be published in the HPB Journal.
- The corresponding author will receive all correspondence concerning the submission and is responsible for informing the other co-authors of the status of the submission.
- Acknowledgement of abstract/video submission will be sent to the stated email address. If you do not receive the confirmation within 24 hours of submission, please contact IHPBA 2020 Abstract Department at [email protected].
- Notification of acceptance/rejection of the Video will be emailed on or after 21 April 2020.
- Upon acceptance of the Video, the presenting author is expected to register and present their Video at the Congress. The presenting author should be registered and fully paid by 15 May 2020. Presenting authors not registered and paid by 15 May 2020 may have their presentation removed from the program.
For further information, please email: i[email protected].